Why Show Hope?
Show Hope sponsors not only address a child’s need for food, shelter, care, and spiritual nourishment, but you will also address the root issue for an orphan: the lack of a family.
- ADOPTION ASSISTANCE: You will be a part of providing grants to help “set the lonely” into loving, Christian families (Psalm 68:6), giving long-term solutions to the child—solutions that extend far beyond childhood, through life and into eternity.
Donors like you have helped provide families for over 2,000 orphans from 40 countries, including the U.S., resulting in a truly worldwide impact.
- MARIA’S BIG HOUSE OF HOPE: Through Maria’s Big House of Hope, you will be a part of saving the lives of special needs orphans in China by providing surgeries and medical care, serving as a tangible example of God’s love for His children.
This 60,000 sq. ft. facility is located in one of the poorest provinces of China. The hundreds of orphans that will be helped in Maria’s Big House of Hope will receive the highest level of care and medical attention, enabling them to thrive and greatly increasing their chances of being adopted.
Show Hope strives to address the holistic needs of the child, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Together we can bring hope to those who are too often left hopeless.
What will I receive?
For $35, every month you will help provide for an orphan with special needs in China, and you will also help set a waiting orphan somewhere in the world into a loving, Christian family. Your money will be changing the world for orphans, and we are committed to letting you know how you are doing that.
- Every quarter we will send you a Sponsorship Update detailing how your money is being spent and how your sponsorship is changing a child’s life.
- You will receive thank you notes, pictures, and updates concerning the lives you change.
- In addition, you will be given the opportunity to send prayers that will be prayed over the children as well as notes of encouragement for those orphans who have found their forever families. By writing letters, you can also encourage the staff caring for the orphans at Maria’s Big House of Hope.
You will have opportunities to apply for mission trips to visit the children you are helping at Maria’s Big House of Hope.
Am I really making an eternal impact?
You most certainly are. We are committed to helping orphans regardless of their race, gender, or creed, but as a Christian ministry, we believe that we must care for children in a way that encompasses their spiritual needs as well.
To that end, we work to ensure that the orphans we help through our Adoption Assistance program are welcomed into loving, Christian families. In addition to receiving food, shelter, and care, each child will also have the opportunity to know and experience the overwhelming love of Jesus.
For those children we are serving in China, the very vision of Maria’s Big House of Hope is that it will be a beacon of hope to the world of the restorative and transformational power of God. The care that we are able to give to these children is done with excellence without any apologies for the fact that we are doing this work because of God’s mercy.
The children are embraced in a very real way by the love of God, and we are able to be a tangible example to those children, that country, and the entire world of how God cares for the fatherless.
Why can't I sponsor a specific child?
The life of an orphan is often in transition, and our goal is not to see children stay in institutions but move into permanent, loving, family-based care.
It may be harder and less appealing to become involved in that situation because you can’t be connected to one child, but that is the very reason many orphans don’t ever receive help and why each of us so urgently needs to get involved.
If you are interested in a one-to-one relationship with an orphan, pray about adoption, as that is the strongest way you can make all the difference in the world to a waiting child. If you are not in a place to adopt, consider becoming a Show Hope Sponsor. You will play a vital role in transforming the lives of orphans.
What is unique about Show Hope?
Show Hope enables you to change the world for orphans by addressing their basic need of a family, while approaching them in a holistic manner with Christian values. Our core commitments:
- Orphans in families: Whether it is through adoption or by facilitating a child’s support to reflect the care of a permanent family, Show Hope exists because every child should know the love of a family.
- Individual and Community Engagement: God’s plan is for His people to be the ones who care for orphans (James 1:27). It will take you and your sphere of influence, as well as the combined efforts of individuals and communities around the world, to face this crisis.
- An Intergenerational Movement: We need the wisdom, integrity, and commitment of the adult generations combined with the passion, vision, and humanitarian focus of the younger generations.
- A Kingdom Reality: God is on the move. Ultimately, this is about His Kingdom. Through our actions we show the love of God, and through our message we proclaim the truth of the Gospel of Jesus. In view of the love God has lavished on us by adopting us as His children, let us go and Show Hope to the world.
What percentage of my money is going towards Show Hope programs?
Financial accountability and stewardship is extremely important to Show Hope. Of your monthly donation, over 91% goes to our adoption assistance and orphan care programs.
Our commitment to you is to use less than 9% of your gift toward our expenses in administrating support of the programs. We actively and consistently raise funds separately to cover the majority of our administrative expenses and meet our fund raising needs.
Do I have to hold certain Christian beliefs to be a Show Hope sponsor?
We welcome the support of all those who wish to be a Show Hope Sponsor, and we do not discriminate concerning the orphans we serve because of race, gender, or creed. It is our hope that every sponsor who partners with us will come to a new understanding of the unconditional love that we share with the orphans we serve.
As a non-denominational Christian ministry, we do all our work in the name of Jesus Christ and for the glory of God. We seek to meet the spiritual needs of the children we serve in light of our Biblical worldview, whether it is by helping to place them in a Christian family or by addressing the various needs of the children at Maria’s Big House of Hope.
You can make a difference in the life of an orphan today.